Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mug-ing or Mugging?

One of the new vocabulary that I learn here is Mug-ing or Mugging. What is that? It is a new word.. ... ... ... Okay, okay, this is what they mean by studying. It is quite often to hear people say 'mugging' but yet, it is more often to see people mugging. And then I asked, where did this word come from? And that's when I found out from Zhuangli that mostly people study with a mug beside them. You know, the mug with some drinks to make you refresh while studying... So, mugging become a hallmark as studying. Then I am like, huh? Many things can be done with a mug beside eh... Office workers always have a mug beside as well...

But since it is so widely used, so I will just stick to it, hoi! And it is quite weird because when I study, I don't have a mug beside me, unless I really need it or it was the left-overs of the previous meal. Oh, that's disgusting. Never mind, just feel quite special to have such a new vocabulary like this.

2 comments:

Zhuangli said...

True also, I used to work with a mug beside me, but that was used when I have to bancuh Milo.

Mafer said...

hhaa... agree... i bancuh Milo in my mug more than i put water inside

coz when drink water, i got water bottle...

Chitika Ads