Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Professionalism of ‘Professionals’

This is a post I posted regarding to an incident happened to me on Saturday. I was quite exhausted with the long journey on the bus straight away from Singapore to Penang, in which it stopped quite a number of times and I woke up from uneasy sleep several times as well. I was quite excited and hopeful with my mobile phone as I reached Penang and I immediately requested Pleasure to change back the phone. Yes, I had a great time examining the phone and also check with the functions until, to my horror, I can’t access Internet or send MMS! I phoned Customer Service for several times and they kept sending me settings and ask me to save the thing. I repeated the procedure for x times and I didn’t see any improvement at all. I was quite worried and hence went to the shop that I send for repair and the first thing that came was that boy in the shop said that I have to send back to the factory. What are you talking about?! I was not satisfied with the reply. Sending that glowing box back to factory means another one month and I won’t be anywhere near Penang by that time unless I come back for FUN. By then, another worker, a girl, approached and checked the settings. She realised it was because the settings in my phone was not set up since it was just fixed. Hence, after changing the settings, I can access Internet using GPRS. But then, it didn’t enable me to send MMS. She suggested me to change to 3G if I want to send MMS as well. There, I asked about where to upgrade the card. She pointed out a centre just streets away. I thanked her and went to the centre.

So, this is what happened next. I entered the centre and walked towards the counter to find out that the centre didn’t offer such service of upgrading your card. In order to upgrade my card, I need to go to somewhere 15 minutes fast drive from there and it was approaching 1.00, a time where the centre close. After waiting for minutes, which in my opinion seemed centuries long, I felt grateful that it was my turn. That lady asked about the problem and I asked if I can upgrade my card to 3G. She said yes and I asked about the price. She mentioned 10 ringgit. So, I was quite surprised since I thought it was much more than 10 ringgit. I paid and was given a card that will work 30 minutes later. After 30 minutes, means it was surely – obviously – definitely over 1.30, meaning that the centre was really – reasonably and technically being closed, I worked on the access and it was not working. HORROR! I phoned the Customer service for the nth time and that officer stated that the lady had given me the wrong card, which is supposed to be 25 ringgit. ‘Great’, I went all the way from my house to the centre, which is quite a distance to find the centre closing with only few personals. I asked if I could just go in and ask how to fix the problem. Too bad that everyone had left, and only one who was not working in this branch was there. They suggested me, instead, to go for the centre in Queensbay Mall. Oh, Great, now I travel all around the state to fix my phone. I went back, tried to arrange the trip, but it seemed critical since my family had other things to sort out for Chinese New Year, but I have to go back on Wednesday. In the end, we decided to take the risk by fixing the thing on Wednesday. Now, all I can do is hope for the best.

From here, I am quite surprised to see how the Customer Service worker manage to ‘help’ me in so many ways when the main problem is the same. For so many times I called, they gave me the same procedure, which later found to be useless since my phone don’t support that settings. And the shop and centre worker, who tried to help, but in the end, actually gave me extra work and extra worries. Hats off to them *roll eyes*…

1 comment:

Pleasure Seow said...

really? so poor....
what a shame....

Chitika Ads