Monday, March 30, 2009

Anak Di Bawah Bayu

I did not qualify myself to apply PSD Scholarship just because of my History subject, that’s why I always advice my brother to study well to qualify himself. Indeed, he did. By scoring 10 A1, 1 A2 and 1 B3 for Chinese, he qualified himself to many applications and he even got a Class 1 for LCC1 (dunno if it is spelled correctly, Accountacy System; and he is now suspecting my Accountancy grade since my year has no LCC grading system with SPM result). And this is this very interesting things that we found out. If you are a Sabahan, you PSD scholarship application status form will have you as a ‘ Anak Di Bawah Bayu’.

I was scratching my head why would Sabahan have such a name. So, Dad told me Sabah is also call Tanah Di Bawah Bayu because there were hurricanes there. Interesting fact! So, now I can officially count myself as Anak Di Bawah Bayu – wow, sounds so Aku Anak Timur!

Sabah is known as "Sabah, negeri di bawah bayu", which means "Sabah, the land below the winds", because of its location just south of the typhoon-prone region around the Philippines. -Wikipedia

I know my post is getting shorter and shorter… but be patient… I got CONTINUOUS Test and I need to catch up with everything so that I am not wasting money from those who are so kind to fund my education (including parents) and time which is so precious. Lagged behind, I might seemed to be, but I am challenging myself and until now, I am still winning myself… All the way, all the way…

3 comments:

~ Siang chia ~ said...

Congratulation to ur brother!
He managed to get a vr good result for spm!
hope he can choose his way for his future education according to his interest.

And for u, jia you la...
long for our next gathering...

casey said...

Anak Di Bawah Bayu – wow, sounds so Aku Anak Timur!
OMG This totally cracked me up!

Mafer said...

Haha... i was amazed by the fact as well..:D

Chitika Ads