Monday, March 16, 2009

Not D&D but CLHS Alumni+ CLHSSA D!

Continuing from the previous post of cake-ish experience, now, I will tell what happened after all of them left and went back to hall. I was lazy to travel back and come out again, that’s why I stay and walked a bit in Vivo. Later, I took MRT and went over to City Hall MRT. There, I was channelled to Raffles City by accident. Since there were still time, I walked around, including drooling over the books in MPH and swallowing saliva when I smell the food. However, there are less food in Raffles City – I mean, which is food that is for filling your tummy, not light snacks. And when the time came, I waited in MRT. Those boys were late. I used ‘boys’ because I am unfortunately the only girl in the group :(. We are not heading to D&D gosh… Chung Ling Alumni is having 钟灵新春联宴会. This is a dinner for a new lunar year for all Chung Ling alumni (means all the ‘old’ students) and also CLHSSA (Chung Ling High School Student Association) which here means 新加坡钟灵同学会 ( Chung Ling Student studying in Singapore).

It is held in Singapore Recreational Club and the venue is actually around as big as two classroom only. I was amazed how the space can actually locate 15 to 16 tables in. I took a photo before the dinner starts. The club probably has no other room for proper dinner – or – it is like this all the time. But no matter how, having back with same school people, it is like going back to Penang, going back home…

The dinner started with speeches from different people. It is amazed to see how Chung Ling student survive proudly in Singapore by seeing them as ministers, professors and etc. Well, since Chung Ling has long history, it is notable that some of the alumni were actually quite old. However, I was wrongly located in to a table with most senior students, which is in their 3rd or 4th year in university. Alumni members kept coming and call us 毕业班. Sigh, felt so old…  And they also came and gave us advice about study and career in Singapore, particularly about difficult time like now. Besides, they announced the new chairperson for Chung Ling Singapore Alumni, a deputy commander in Singapore Air Force. As the event commence, we had our usual school song singing (amazed by how they modified the version) and new committee of alumni taking oath. And the MC actually introduced us – the student association, which is the youngest generation in Singapore, and in their point of view, will be serving the alumni when we work (which is after several generations before us). We presented ourselves with the usual school motto - 爱吾钟灵.

Well, the wine were sponsored by some alumni and I regretted to be under medication of no alcohols allowed, because my table actually finished 7 bottles of wine, which are different taste and brand. I can’t believe it was the alumni who handed us our first bottle and the consecutives kept served on… Ahh, I can’t have it! :(… Well, CLHSSA performed some singing and a performance call Che Ling ( A china playworks). We had the usual course of dishes such as sharkfin, chicken, fish, and etc. In between, some student accepting money from alumni (5 of them) as an award/ bursary( wish I got it )…

The dinner ended with a lot of red faces (drunk), normal faces (drunk and not drunk ones) and many more. Some of them were really drunk and some only a little. We ended the event with alumni members coming in to chat with us and all. Then, we headed back, which ended up midnight when I reach the bus stop outside PGP. Tired but nice…

No comments:

Chitika Ads