Monday, March 09, 2009

Singapore Science Centre

Besides food tasting session, and also besides of preparation of CA, I was invited to Singapore Science Centre by Wen Qing with another two friends, Stephanie and Zhuangli during the recess week. Wen Qing somehow obtained some free tickets somewhere, including free magic show. Therefore, on that day, after lunch, we headed towards the Science Centre. Well, if you want to wake up late and have lunch in school, then, the side effect is actually getting limited time to tour the centre. Just like Science Centre in Malaysia, Singapore Science Centre is actually a place enough for you to look around for one day although the size is not superb, so go early next time is my advice. Last time when I went to Malaysia Science Centre, I didn’t even finish my tour because I glued myself too much over the Nobel exhibition…

The weather was not nice either with pouring of water from the sky, we actually walked all the way to the centre and ended up half wet. However, when we reached the centre, the first thing that caught our eyes was not the Centre, but the big ‘M’ beside. I admit, McDonald’s did have a certain degree of attraction over us, especially me.

Luckily, we at least made it to attend the magic show which will start soon. One thing about magic is, even though you know the theory behind the tricks, better dump it behind your mind when you watch, because if not, it will take all the fun out of magic. This is a piece of advice to Wen Qing, who kept excitedly wanted to explain to me why is that so. Thanks, Wen Qing, I understand why is that so as well, just that to watch magic, to believe in magic, to awed by magic, I just have to lock those facts in a chest. Later, we looked around the magic section which allows us to go along more logics…

In a mirrored maze, me and Stephanie actually took some photos of reflection. Stephanie’s here is very very nice as ‘they’ really look like twins. We got to play some funny little tricks as well…

And we came across this Pensieve, or is it? Well, it is actually trapped liquid. When you spin it fast and suddenly change the spinning direction, you will end up having these and I just ‘act’ on it to look as though I have some kind of super powers.

Besides, we posed cosily in a nice ‘house’ (which I actually rested a while). In the anatomy part, I was caught peeking into nostrils for olfactory and we actually played with several stations about human parts, such as muscles, joints…etc.

And there’s a bus station with SARS bus. We posed with it, of course.

Had you ever fight viruses physically? We had though… Zhuangli hated quite a lot of viruses as she kicked and punch several viruses…

Don’t know who came up with this idea, but we ended up showing the sign X and Y for chromosome part… It’s not easy to act X, okay…

DNA part is quite fun and I discovered my weight on Venus will be ******, so, I will always remind myself not to go there.

I guess I am quite disastrous sometimes, judging from this photo where we learn some physics… Pendulum… This proves Inertia and the theory that energy will not disappear but transform… By the way, victim is Zhuangli here… Wen Qing has no comment about what we have done…:P

After the tour, we had some time visitting the store and have some ice cream in McD.

This is some random photos that I realizes the contrast between them…

More photos of this tour is here.

No comments:

Chitika Ads