Saturday, January 23, 2010

爱吾钟灵 Chung Ling Dragon Boat Tragedy

Today, went over for NVAC BBQ  and we played a game: Ships and Captains. We have to follow the command and one of it was Capsize and we need to cling on the nearest bushes(island). Immediately, my mood swayed as the images of the tragedy floats back into my mind…

上个星期日,2010年1月17日,槟城钟灵中学龙舟的会员出海练习遇难,酿成六人丧命的悲剧。由于暗流导致龙舟失去平衡而翻船,落难者也因此被暗流拉下海底。结果,一位教师和五位学生丢失生命。一直以来,我都以为从北海钟灵毕业的我,该不会为另一个钟灵悲伤吧。。。可是,事实证明了我错了。爱吾钟灵,这个精神,已在我一踏入学校开始,就深深地栽入我的心中。无论是槟城钟灵,北海钟灵,或是钟灵独中,我们始终是钟灵生,我们是同一个钟灵的。我们拥有同样的校歌,同样的校名,同样的校徽,同样的校训,同样也有十大信条。在此,我为落难者表示哀悼,对他们所给母校带来的荣耀,努力表示感激。

Last Sunday, 17th of January, 2010, Chung Ling High School’s Dragon Boat members went out to the sea for dragon boat trainings. Their boat capsized and was pulled down underwater current. This tragedy results in loss of 6 lives, 1 teacher and 5 students. All the while, I always thought myself, who had graduated from Chung Ling High School Butterworth, will not be sad for another Chung ling. But, truth told me that I was wrong. 爱吾钟灵, was undoubtedly, always in my heart, the moment I stepped into the school, deep inside. No matter it is Chung Ling High School, Chung Ling High School Butterworth or Chung Ling Independent, we will always be Chung Ling student, we are from the same Chung Ling. We shared the same anthem, the same school name, the same logo, the same motto, the same principle. Here, I would like to pay my condolence to those victims and thank them for all the effort and proud they had done for our school.

这是从恩霆学长网上的照片:

This is a photo I took from Senior En Theng’s blog:

就像图中所说,钟灵师生,校友都会有同样的悲痛,即使我们都在世界各个角落。我只能说,一路走好,安息吧!对不幸落难者的家属,希望他们能再度站起来。

As what had been said in the photo, Chung Ling teachers, students and alumni have the same grief over this incident, even we were all in different places over the world. I can only say, Rest In Peace! Towards the families of the victims, I wish them early recovery from this incidence and stand back up again.

No comments:

Chitika Ads