Sunday, January 23, 2011

Christmas Day Lunch and ‘Tour’

DSCF6352

Do you wake up early in the morning of Christmas Day, hopping up and down of your bed and shrieking as you see the presents were all under the Christmas tree? For me, no. Instead, we have lunch somewhere nice! Other than just for the event, it is also so that we could bring Grandma(Meemaw?) out to have real nice meal. This is my Meemaw(maternal)!

DSCF6326

Our lunch was spent at the Golden Sand and open air places have this problem when you are at the tropics – bird droppings on certain places (It’s fresh!).

DSCF6316

No matter how, other than the disruption of bird dropping episodes (I was so bad and smart enough to avoid the seats Sourire), we continued the meal with any food we wished to have. I had some that I craved for and to my surprise, I was full even before I thought I should be. Anyway, the food quality and their services had improved dramatically since last time and I truly appreciated it. Not only that, it was quite crowded this year, filling the dining space with inevitable clattering of utensils. Though, most of them were families and it was so warm to see so many family get together during such a season, no matter where are they from. In between of the meal, there was a Santa, indeed an Indian Santa, walking around the tables, handing out candies to the children. I, sadly, was not considered a children. Though one really weird event was the log cake incident. While trying to get a slice out of the Christmas Log cake, the people were asking – or rather, mumbling about the log cake being very hard to cut. Me and Pleasure was joking as we went back our seats that “because it is LOG cake”, hahahah!

So, after the meal, we walked around while Mummy accompanied Meemaw to rest at the lounge. Meemaw was aging and she was not really fond of walking around. In fact, she find it difficult to even balance herself! It’s not easy to guide her around but as a Life Sciences student, I know this is a cycle most of us will go through unless we die young. Anyway, yes, we did take some photos of Meemaw…

DSCF6327

Me, Papa and Pleasure went over to the beaches, of course! Before that will be the more interior part where we still have pools and I spotted a cute lion on top of the resting table. It reminds me of NUS lion but no doubt, I just took a photo of it Tire la langue.

DSCF6347DSCF6346

One thing you will be warned before going to the sea will be this:

DSCF6344

Actually, my main point of going to the beach side was to find the horse-riding stall which I dreamt to had a horse-riding experience. It appeared that there was no horse in sight, so we just hang around for a minute or two… There, I found this interesting row of ‘chairs’…

DSCF6345

And here is Papa and Pleasure on the beach, white white beach…

DSCF6342DSCF6341

The beach was lovely, if only we were there for a real sunny day and beach – but we were not prepared for that, ah…

DSCF6340

We got to see water activities and also banana boats which were not adventurous at all… But no matter, just looking at the view and feeling the wind is already a great thing to do during a vacation, ain’t it?

DSCF6339

Haha… this is not me – but I always love how the colours shine under the sky!

DSCF6338

At the lounge, I discovered something that reminds me of HallPlay – the fire place. Alright, the wood here are real wood, fake fire, and the whole thing is much solid that the play ones. Pleasure and me walked summore to find some interesting places Sourire

DSCF6369DSCF6361

At the same time, the hotel personnel were walking around advertising about their upcoming event (some Christmas party on the beach, apparently) but we were just not feeling of going. And finally, we were to leave the place while Pleasure posed with the newsletter and ‘house’ Sourire.

DSCF6377


Driving out of Golden Sands, we went along the road to have a look at how things had changed and we made way into Hard Rock which I hadn’t have a chance to look at since I missed the gathering last year.

DSCF6400

The entrance was greeted with this if you were to exit and look out. The quote was from Emerson, Lake and Palmer, one of the Legendary rock stars. But I do feel the quote very cool, haha!

DSCF6380

Other than that, on top you will be these ‘strands’ which Pleasure claimed to have lights at night. Then, this is when Papa started his lecture on optical fibre. Yes, these are optical fibres…

DSCF6381

As a Hard Rock Hotel, you must have the Hard Rock element obviously and this is their display. A fireplace with Beatles?! And I was quite annoyed when I saw how ‘unsimilar’ the Beatles are to the real face. Anyway, the exhibition inside are better, I think…

DSCF6382

Seriously, I think Papa who loved music so much was quite attracted to the display as we walk. He grew up with these and I grew up listening to these as well, what more can I say?! The environment was really nice with all the oldies songs as well. Only that this hotel lacks the calmness of Golden Sand as there were more younger people here and they are generally much more active…

DSCF6386
DSCF6385DSCF6391

Here, the Santa was not an Indian – but e was with a Santarina and a bike, cool right?! Yes, they were travelling using the bike and went over to cook up the environment…

DSCF6390

But instead of the sand and crowd, I think I prefer this part of the hotel better. Just walk out of your hotel room and you are in the pool – how nicer can one be?!

DSCF6389

There were many designs connected to music and I tried to have one together with the wall Sourire:

DSCF6388DSCF6384DSCF6392

Even the toilet sign have to be like that?! WHAT?! Well…

DSCF6395

And there goes my tour – ended up sitting on a hard rock Clignement d'œil!

DSCF6398

Photo Album for this day!!!

No comments:

Chitika Ads