Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Short Tea with Aunt Emily and Yuen

I was rather exhausted by the week’s work (Yes, you heard me right – I’m tired at some point) although it is a happy exhaustion. Satisfactions aside, I do realize I need some rest and decided to take the weekend off and settle things before going back home for Christmas. One of it, of course, is my annual delivery of Christmas present to my Aunt Emily. She and her family has been very nice to me and were sort of my ‘emergency’ contact in Singapore aside my other relatives. She invited me to her church and also certain events, which sometimes I do decline. But after all, she is very nice so I decided to give her presents, haha!

But in return, I received presents from her too, which is funny because I didn’t thought of that. It was a luxurious present with many things inside, big THANK YOU:

Other than that, we had a little chat before my other cousin joined in. Yuen, whom I met previously during Jas’ wedding, just came back from a vacation in Japan. We talked about his trip and also some talking from Aunt Emily over her miracle happenings. She shared a lot of verses with me, which I might want to share one here:

Philippians 4:6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Well, in life, sometimes, for some reason, we lose ourselves and started to get worried about things – things that may seem ridiculous when you look back in ten years time. Sometimes, it is good just to let nature take its course and see what you can learn from it at the moment. As what the verse has said, let your wish be known but not to worry on it, because there is time for everything.

This reminded me of one of the Buddha teaching, which talks also of not to be anxious (well, most of the teachings are, ha!) Basically, you just need to free yourself to make life easier because you only lose what you cling on to.

Let yourself be open and life will be easier. A spoon of salt in a glass of water makes the water undrinkable. A spoon of salt in a lake is almost unnoticed. – Buddha

Anyway, a nice chat with the two.

No comments:

Chitika Ads