Sunday, February 03, 2013

Out with Friends

Last weekend, I decided to fulfil my promise to Soo Ling about shopping with her. I have asked Mummy to reduce her shopping of new year clothes/non-new year clothes for me, and used the excuse of ‘will be shopping with Soo Ling’. So, in fact, I do need to get myself something for the new year – something I have to do as a part of my growing process. In the end, Soo Ling, Phey Shan and I decided to meet up near Somerset area. We surveyed and had lunch at Bao Jin Tian. It was at the open area. I had glutinous rice with steam chicken and sides with the man tou with meat (just because I miss eating it). Soo Ling spotted a lot of orders from the wan ton noodle and went ahead with it. Phey Shan was attracted by the curry chicken.

We had a little shopping, mostly focusing on certain shops due to our financial affordability. Then we saw the dessert shop Phey Shan and me went before with other fellow CLB people. We went for a quick tea/light dinner. It’s Mango Sago with Pomelo and glutinous rice with mango. They are quite a good snack after a long shopping hour.

We even took two photos.

Later that night, we decided to go to China town. The decoration was just a snake. Other than that, China town has its own usual decoration – people. It was very crowded. I took it as much as I could at first but half way through the sardine-like street, I started to lose my temper. We do get to see one of the temple having some event going on though.

Before I really get annoyed, we visited the Tintin shop. We were greeted by the ‘statues’ as we followed the flow of people like the rail on sushi bar. We get to see comic books, merchandise and even cartoon of Tintin, in different languages. I got a postcard from there so that I can post it out.

And since it would be unlikely for me to even come again in near future, I had Phey Shan to help me take a photo with an old-version of Tintin.

Other than me feeling super annoyed, I guess I really enjoyed the day out. At least, I did do some shopping and was satisfied with that. But I do think we need to meet up more, not for shopping but perhaps of catching up. I’m putting in effort for socializing, see…

No comments:

Chitika Ads