Sunday, April 07, 2013

My Wallpaper

Pardon me if this whole post turn out to be a pile of crap in the end as I sort of has a writer block at the moment. Now as I sit in front of my five-year-old laptop, I knew I have a motivating wallpaper just behind the windows of jumbled up stuff. I have been busy, busy doing nonsense, busy doing work, busy trying to improve myself, busy finding myself, busy having fun, busy eating up sorrow – busy having my life. I could not summarize my life with one adjective, because there are too many things happening at the same time – so much that I sometimes wondered if I turned to another thing just in time to escape the previous ones. But overall, I have no regrets in how I lived my life so far.

Recently, the Doctor Who episode is back and as usual, I will put up some interesting photos of the series as my wallpaper. This time, I chose not an in-scene photo, but a backstage photo.

screen

I get more feels from this picture, that’s why. It is a picture showing the in-the-making of a great show. It reminds me the hard work and amount of brilliance put in to make something fantastic that would entertain others. Now, I don’t work in an entertainment industry, but same concept applies.

Many thinks that working hard means there is no life – but as one has said ‘if you like what you’re doing, you don’t need to work a day’. I don’t think that is entirely true, because even in a job that you really like, there are many factors or small details that might not be included in your expectation sometimes, but just like life I wouldn't say that. “The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and... bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.” (Doctor Who, Vincent and the Doctor)

But if most part of your work is something you adore, there is no reason why you should not work hard, it became part of you. And you don’t need to worry about ‘no life’ because life is about doing what you like to do, it’s about loving who you love, liking what you like, and so much more by engaging others into your wonderful life – and when you could do that in all aspect of your life, you achieve the balance of life.

I used to frown if I am working too much that I became a hopeless workaholic, but I used to worry of wasting my life away for doing no work. Vice versa, it tells me to do both.

You ask me how’s my life now?

I worked hard when I need to. I studied hard when I have the extra time. I think hard when I do things. I played hard during my playing sessions. I tried hard when it comes to overcoming my weakness. I admit I am not perfect, and I definitely need a lot of polishing, and I am trying my best to be. Once a while, sacrifices had to be done, for example I have to lose an hour of Frisbee to complete my experiment or I have to postpone my experiment because of some paperwork. No matter what it is, it could not be avoided sometimes and I just take it in, and let it go. I feel more grateful as there are much more things that are more difficult to let go – and mine is really something small.

You ask me how’s my life now?

It’s great.

No comments:

Chitika Ads