Sunday, April 14, 2013

Unknown Source Quote

It is funny because after so many times I used this quote, I still could not find its source except it is said to be quoted from Albert Camus. There is not even a record of where from his work did this quote came from! But anyway, just wish to record this down as this actually served as an important quote in my life:

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.

Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.

Just walk beside me and be my friend.

How did this quote came into my life? I had forgotten how it came into my life, but it was definitely quite early in my life when I was still in my secondary school. I was just made prefect then. I may seemed to be a very shy and try-to-keep-by-myself person but inside, I was quite an arrogant person. How so? I rarely look at things from different point of view. I put myself at different level as others. Don’t get me wrong, I still do that kind of mistake nowadays. It is just in my personality or gene that I acted like that. But I am grateful that I came across this quote one day.

I gave it a thought.

I realized how important it is to be able to walk with someone and be on the same journey, even for a little while. I was ashamed on how the younger me thought power is the key to leadership. I then understand a great leader starts from working with others in his team. I am not saying other kind of leadership are foul, once a while – they succeed. But for me, I made a preference. I wish to be a leader where I respect my people and vice versa.

In terms of friendship, this is the same too! I stopped vying for usual trends just to be with a certain clique, but I do not force people around me to follow what I do either. I have my own style, and I admire people who has their own. That is the way society is like, full of people with different style – that’s why we are human, not robots. And through this, I walk with those that I know and be friends.

No comments:

Chitika Ads