Wednesday, December 03, 2014

The French Table

It was a fine Sunday lunch and I thought 'let's have something nice for a quiet afternoon, just me and me'. Yes, as many who knows me would've agree, I'm a person who enjoys alone time a lot - I mean, A LOT. During these times, I get to be with myself, have a debate with myself, or just having tea with myself. 

So, a good meal is great! I found this French café in West Coast Plaza and it was not very crowded, which is a good thing for me.


I had a café latte, for an amateur coffee drinker like me. They're being very kind to serve it with a little canister of syrup, for those who like sweet coffee. There's a wild mushroom soup. It was pure mushrooms and cream, not salty or sweet - very nice - and very filling. My main course was confit de canard. You'd know le canard probably was what you'd be looking for in a French cuisine, and this is superb. It was very well cured and the crust was very fragrant and tasty. The only off-side was, I was very full after these and I failed to proceed to my dessert section, which is sad. I thought I would have some chocolate lava cake or some crème brûlée but it was all wasted, well...

Anyway, it was a great lunch and I did try my best to lengthen my mealtime this particular time and perhaps did succeed by a little.

No comments:

Chitika Ads