Sunday, October 25, 2015

Blue Sushi by Bertie Gilbert

Finally, I managed to space out some time in the morning for this piece of clip. I enjoyed Bertie Gilbert's other short film and thought when this one is out I should have a look at it. As I mentioned before, his style had matured and I am rather pleased with the things he made. Blue Sushi touched a bit on coming out as a transgender, but in my opinion, it was not totally about LGBT, it is the display of the fact that each and every one of us are the same. People or even ourselves, no matter which type of person you are, tend to think we already understand ourselves in terms of our choices, when in fact, most of the time we might not have the best and perfect answer. And the fact that it is not wrong and bad, it is called 'growing up', by exploring yourselves, your own choices and find yourself, and not according to what people think and say about you. This show, is about each of us, coming out in good terms with ourselves and be happy. I like it! (Well, of course, the above is my interpretation, feel free to add on.)

No comments:

Chitika Ads